I know, it´s an oxymoron, but they´re surprisingly delicious. On a quest to lower my sugar consumption (long story, I´ll get to it someday) I scoured pinterest and the general web world to find a not so sugary/buttery version, and here is my adaptation.
Important to consider:
Sweeteners vary greatly in their sweetening abilities, so read the manufacturer's instructions... or make a few batches until it´s perfect. :)
Here we go!
Sugar-free sugar cookies
(recipe adapted from dashingdish.com)
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 packs of stevia (1.8g) OR 3/4 cup sucralose
1 t vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/4 t baking powder
1/8 t salt
1 t milk
1. Cream together butter and sweetner until fluffy. Add egg, milk and extract and beat until combined.
2. In another bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet until combined. Do not over mix or dough will be tough.
3. Wrap dough and place in fridge for 15 min - or until cold. This will make the dough easier to spread. If you're working the dough and it gets difficult again - because the butter warms up - just pop it in the fridge for a few minutes and then use it again.
4. Preheat oven to 375F, roll out dough on lightly flowered surface and cut out cookies.
5. Bake for 8 minutes or until very lightly browned on the edges.
WW Points +
Batch: 23 points
Serving: 3 points
Serving size: 2 cookies
If you want these with sugar, use this recipe I've posted before.
Happy eating and happy weekend!