August 13, 2012
I´m a fan of waffles... maple syrup is #1 topping for me, but chocolate, strawberries, cinnamon&sugar, and even savory ones are right up my alley.
I have the cutest waffle iron, and it makes perfect little waffles that give you a chance to eat, let´s be honest, 10 waffles with different toppings. Also, these waffles are fluffy, the taste is mild enough to accept sweet and savory toppings, but strong enough to have a taste of its own. Perfect morning recipe for a not so morning person to kick off the day. If you´re a morning person this will just take your morning to the next level of greatness.
Enjoy and have a great week!
makes 24 mini-waffles
2 cups flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 1/2 cup half-skimmed milk
4 T melted butter
4 large eggs - separated
1. Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, milk, melted butter and egg yolks
2. Beat egg whites well
3. Add half the egg whites to your dough and mix well
4. Add the other half and fold it in the dough, don´t mix. This will make it light and airy - believe me, it's worth the patience.
5. Cook according to your waffle iron.
6. Add toppings of you choice and enjoy.
WW Points +
Batch = 40.5 points
Serving = 3 points
Serving size = 2 mini waffles
* Maple syrup: 2T = 1 point
*These waffles can be frozen or refrigerated, and then popped in the toaster when you want to enjoy them.