Happy Monday! Last week's recipe was featured at Jam Hands, isn't that just awesome? It's so much fun to be part of this blogging community and these link parties are a great way to read good blogs, get great ideas and "meet" interesting people. Thanks for the feature, Ali.
Now on to today´s recipe... I love baked potatoes and don´t make them often because they take too long to bake, so this recipe is perfect because the longer baking is done - really fast - in the microwave, and then you just pop it in the oven to broil.
This is a "to taste" recipe. Since you´re, well, stuffing potatoes with good stuff, it´s mostly about what you want to put on the potatoes, and how much of it you want. I put measurements as a reference and means to give you ww points+, but feel free to add or subtract from the toppings because let´s face it, it´s hard to get baked potatoes wrong. Well, steer clear from sweet toppings, I´d say, but I like mcdonalds french fries with ice-cream (I know, yuck, but don´t fully judge me till you try it) so I can´t really forbid your experiments.
Baked potatoes (Microwave + oven combo)
1 large potato
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
salt, pepper and oregano
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F.
- Poke hols on the entire potato, place in the microwave for 6-7 min until baked through. Check every 2 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half, then slice the potato without going all the way down. You can handle it a bit to open it up so the toppings can get into the potato, but be careful not to break it.
- Generously season with salt, don´t be so generous on the pepper and oregano, and then go crazy with the cheese.
- Place in the oven with the broiler on until cheese melts and is golden.
Serve with meat or (my choice) a green salad. Enjoy!
Serving: 12 points